Well Rounded Birth Prep

Well Rounded Birth Prep
WellRoundedBirthPrep.com

Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Links to my blogs about my miscarriage (2007)

OK, in honor of October 15th Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day, this is my gift to you, but if this goes badly, I promise I will set my old blog back to private again so fast your head would spin.

Here is the link to my 2007 blogs about my miscarriage. Included are links for other online resources on miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant loss.

To make a long story short, blogging about it was very cathartic for me at the time. It was also a convenient way for me to vent about a very difficult situation without having to worry about making my audience uncomfortable. After all, nobody was forced to read it. Most people were supportive for a while, but it didn't take long for a select few "friends" to post very cutting comments on my blogs. I quit blogging when it became more stressful than healing. I couldn't take the criticism any more. In fact, against my better judgment, I deleted a few blogs that had some of the most acidic comments. Now I wish I had not. That just shows the true character of the people who chose to make such comments.

What gave me the courage to leave my blogs up was that every once in a while, I would receive an email from a stranger who told me that reading my blogs helped her heal or validated her situation in her mind. At some point, though, even that wasn't enough to keep me from feeling raw and exposed, so I hid my blogs. One person left comments to inform me that I was not doing some favor for women by blogging about this.

Thus my warning. I've had it with nasty people saying nasty things about my loss or my ways of coping with it. Seriously. I welcome positive or neutral comments (or even diplomatic comments that aren't positive per se), but if like my Grandma said, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs, Sarah. I won't be reading them today as I already have, but I was definitely one of those people who has been blessed by your friendship-in more ways than I could list here (one of those being your blogs.) I think that somehow our children have become friends in heaven as we have become friends here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments.