Well Rounded Birth Prep

Well Rounded Birth Prep
WellRoundedBirthPrep.com

Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

39 wks basketball in mah belleh


Yes, I'm aware that I waddle. I know that I don't walk terribly well. I realize that I must not have much longer, by the looks of things. No, I do not need any commentary about how I look like I might pop (or worse--explode) any minute now. Who ever thought it was a good idea to compare childbirth to explosions? Not a positive mental image, people!

And before anyone is tempted to get me started, read this before any thoughts of commenting on how you think I'm big as a house or must be carrying twins (I'm not, and I'm not).

I'm still seeing my chiropractor weekly. Who knows how bad my SPD and SI issues would be if I weren't. It's pretty bad as is, and I know that chiropractic is helping. I've been drinking Earth Mama Angel Baby Third Trimester Tea every night before bed. That's been a fun countdown, watching my stock of it dwindle.

I just found out that I'm GBS positive, so I have to decide what course of action to take (or not to take). As of right now, I'm likely to take the course of treatment based on risk factors as opposed to prophylactically, considering the Cochrane Review of the research on GBS and IV antibiotics in labor.

I guess that's all the news for now. I'm just hanging out, waiting for Christmas or labor, whichever comes first. It's a little bit hard to wait, knowing it *could* be tonight, but it *could* be 3 more weeks. It does make it easier to wait, having so much to do. I haven't even started wrapping gifts and I have a ton of nesting to do, so I'm content to wait on my son's timing. (Even if I weren't content to wait, I wouldn't evict him without pressing proof of medical need to do so, in case you were wondering. Here's why.)

5 comments:

  1. Well you just look awesome no matter what SOME people might say! How exciting to be due on Christmas! Praise the LORD to be so near experiencing the true blessing of Christmas-the birth of a precious son! Nothing else compares! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly stick out there a lot farther than I did..but I just had my first two months ago, I'm sure I'll get a little bigger with the next one. Congratulations and I hope the birth goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look terrific! Hope you can enjoy this season, and soon have a birth story to add to the excitement (said as someone with 3 holiday babies!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful and don't let anyone tell you anything different!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww!! You look fabulous! I check back all the time just waiting for the big news! Good luck when the time does finally arrive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments.